Online Landlord Education course - Easy and Convenient
We offer an easy and convenient online course, that meets your lender's requirement for Landlord Education Certification. We have found that potential homebuyers of two to four unit homes who need landlord counseling certification usually have to take time off or have to rearrange their schedules to take the class. At a time when the potential homebuyer is trying to save every dollar, sometimes this is not the best solution. LandlordCert.org is the solution!
The Landlord Certification course will focus on both the advantages of being a landlord as well as the duties and laws that you must follow to be successful.
The course is broken up into 9 sections:
- The Purchase Decision and Responsibilities (15:28) - You are taking a big step in purchasing a two to four unit property and we hope that you have carefully thought about not only the advantages, but also the possible drawbacks of owning a small rental property.
- Finding Tenants (17:17) - When looking for tenants, it is critical to identify people who are willing and able to pay their full rent on time each month. They also should be people likely to keep their units in good condition – and likely to abide by any policies you may have regarding pets, acceptable noise levels, use of common areas, or other matters.
- Your Job as a Landlord (11:29) - The moment your tenants move in, they will be expecting certain services from you — and you will be in the business of accommodating them. At the same time, you will be responsible for enforcing any rental policies you have established, and collecting rent. To handle these responsibilities comfortably, you will need to know what you have a right to ask of your tenants — and what they are entitled to expect from you.
- Maintenance (6:13) - As a landlord you are responsible for ensuring that your property is maintained in accordance with safety and health standards.
- The Business of Being a Landlord (11:24) - Watching the expenses is as important as receiving the rent, you should have a budget for your rental unit. In addition, as a landlord, you may be entitled to certain tax advantages.
- Ending Rental Tenancies (8:53) - You can expect to experience turnover with your tenants for a variety of reasons. Some of your tenants will decide to leave voluntarily and choose not to renew their leases, others may give inadequate notice or simply abandon the property or you may end up taking action to evict a tenant because of their failure to meet obligations stated in the lease or rental agreement. Regardless of the reason that tenants leave, you’ll need to understand what is involved with ending tenancies and the actions that you’ll need to take to protect yourself and your investment. This section explains the process of ending rental tenancies and steps involved, depending on whether the termination is voluntary or involuntary.
- Review (4:11) - We will review what you have learned.
The Post Test - To earn your certificate of counseling
and education complete the Post-test. You will need a minimum of 70% to receive your certificate. If you do not pass you can review the material and take the test over.
The cost for the certification is $99.
However we offer a discount for lower income levels: (cost $69):
|Size of Family Unit||Low Income|
|For each additional person add||$7,000|